The Digital Transformation (DT) concerns the adoption of digital technology to sell products and services by replacing traditional channels and processes with digital ones. The DT has taken multiple forms in the last years and the recent Covid-19 pandemic also acted as an accelerator for the online business activities.
The DT can be approached in an ad-hoc manner thinking in terms of isolated lakes that can be digitalized without global approach and/or central coordination. Digitalization initiatives can nevertheless also be approached in a more systematic manner and with the use of conceptual models. Lots of challenges need to be addressed before the DT can be approached in such a way.
The workshop’s scientific output has the willingness to sustain the research in model-based approaches to the DT to include a broader range of aspects (e.g., not only technical but also social and organizational) in the study of the DT. From the technical perspective, the workshop can offer genuine approaches and models supporting academics in the study of the DT and professionals in approaching and conducting the DT. Conceptual, technical, application-oriented and case study contributions are welcomed within the themes of the workshop.
Workshop proceedings will be published at CEUR-WS.org
Workshop Website: http://em4dt.hec.uliege.be
EasyChair submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=poem2021 . Please remember to select "Enterprise Modeling for the Digital Transformation" Track.
List of topics
We invite regular papers, work-in-progress and industry papers related to the topics of the workshop, which include (but not limited to) all aspects of using models and modeling-based approaches for:
- Enterprise architecture and Enterprise Modeling for digital transformation
- Socio-technical aspects in the digital transformation
- Knowledge Management approaches in digital transformation
- Agility in digital transformation endeavors - Digital transformation in the Covid-19 context
- Cooperation, competition and coopetition in the digital transformation
- Internet of Things (IoT) and digital transformation
- Technical challenges in conducting digital transformation
- Case studies in digital transformation endeavors
- Cloud computing models supporting digital transformation
- Governing digital transformation projects
- E-commerce and digital transformation
- Paper deadline: September 13th, 2021
- Notification: October 15th, 2021
- Camera-ready deadline: October 22th, 2021
- Workshop: November 25th, 2021
Workshop Program Chairs
- Samedi Heng, Université de Liège, co-chair
- Saïd Assar, Institut Mines Telecom Business School, co-chair